Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bargain Book Bonanza

I wandered into the clearance section at Half Price Books the other day. Expecting to find nothing more than a few dozen copies of Manny or titles like Real Vampires Have Curves, I was pleasantly surprised to find some old favorites. Seeing as they were only a dollar (!) each, little E. decided to go ahead and get my Christmas present out of the way. So now in our permanent collection we have:

The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
The God of Small Things: A Novel by Arundhati Roy
The Map of Love: A Novel by Ahdaf Soueif


P. is thinking about going back next week to see what she can find for me.

2 comments:

Ahnalog said...

Cold Mountain -- I think I borrowed that from you in Japan! And I think you might have been the one who recommended The God of Small Things to me -- which I LOVED. Will have to check out the others!

morningstar said...

His other novel, Thirteen Moons, is worth a read, too. I think you'd like Melissa Bank's style as well.