Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lists

Midweek has caught me mid-book in, well, several titles.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
I am reading this one to my son at bedtime. We began with the picture book edition illustrated by Tudor Humphries. Then we watched this movie version . We've begun the chapter book and I for one am delighted by how much fun it is to read out loud.

The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt 
Having finished Part I, I hope to be as riveted by the next chapter in her life as I was by her account of her childhood of the late 1800s, her education abroad, and her early years managing the household and raising children. Whether it's breakfast at boarding school or traveling with AP reporters, Roosevelt includes just enough detail (and humor) to remind us that she is just as much human as she is icon.


You Are One of Them by Elliott Holt
Sarah Zuckerman works in Moscow. She has come to Russia in part to solve the mystery of what really happened to her childhood friend, Jenny.


No comments: