Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"My husband thought you were a bear"


Though some of the quirkiest reads of 2013 were chosen based on recommendations found here and here, most were found as I browsed the "New Books" section of the library. Sadly, since receiving my Christmas present of a Kindle, I haven't been to the library to browse, except virtually.

I have to say browsing through a list of ebooks requires even more persistence and craftier search parameters than walking down a row of books with one eye on the titles and the other on my impatient kindergartner. However, I did happily happen upon Laurie King's series about a female scholar who happens to be married to Sherlock Holmes. The game is afoot for 2014.

Swimming Home by Deborah Levy
The Elephant Keepers' Children by Peter Hoeg and Martin Aitken
Care of Wooden Floors by Will Wiles
Love is a Canoe by Ben Schrank
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
What It Is by Lynda Barry
Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff
What the World Will Look Like When All the Water Leaves Us: Stories by Laura van den Berg

No comments: