Friday, March 10, 2017

News Break

Sometimes I need to turn off NPR and turn up the song that comes on KISS FM. It helps if the kids are in the car because they actually know the lyrics.

Sometimes I need to set aside The New Yorker and dog-ear the pages of a recipe book. It helps if I don’t check the mail for a while.

Sometimes I need to eat cereal for dinner instead of salad. It helps if my husband has to work late.

Sometimes I need to log out of Facebook. It helps if I hide my phone.

Sometimes I need to close the book club book and open one of these. It helps.

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
For fans of Jenny Han and Nina Lacour

The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close
For fans of Maria Semple and, well, Jennifer Close

Mystic Summer by Hannah McKinnon
For fans of Emily Giffin and Elin Hilderbrand

The Ramblers by Aidan Donnelley Rowley
For fans of Claire Messud and Emma Straub

When It Happens to You by Molly Ringwald
For fans of Maile Meloy and Celeste Ng

No comments: