Friday, November 2, 2018

Turning Ten


Like all good origin stories, this one begins in a garage. No, wait. With a birth.

Ten years ago, my son was born at the tail end of August. I had a semester off from teaching, so I felt like I had a little time on my hands to do some writing. A coworker suggested I try a blog. So I did.

Four cities, four libraries, four book clubs later, I somehow have kept it going – in all weathers.

Only recently have I begun sharing my posts on Facebook. Before that, I would intermittently  send out an email, casually mentioning the link. After I shared it with a Moms book club I belonged to, I heard about the following conversation:

“That blog M* sent out. It’s so funny and smart.”
“Morningstar writes it.”
 “She does??!!”

Since the blog turns 10 this month, I’ve compiled a list of 10 of my favorite posts I hope you’ll enjoy reading (or re-reading).

Because, well, that’s kind of the point.




1 comment:

Lomagirl said...

Well, I am not a very regular reader, but I am a faithful one- and I think I've been reading your blog almost as long as it has been around- you must have told me about it one day when we ran into each other on the stairwell- me going up and you come down, or vice-versa.
Congrats!