Friday, December 7, 2018

It's All Geek to Me


Last week NPR released its 2018 version of their book concierge app. I thought I’d use it to generate book recommendations that correspond to some of my favorite shows.

Here’s what I came up with:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (searched for funny stuff, ladies first, no biz like show biz)
Just the Funny Parts by Nell Scovell
My Own Devices by Dessa
You’re on an Airplane by Parker Posey

The Great British Baking Show (searched for cookbooks and food, realistic fiction)
Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li
America is Not the Heart by Elaine Castillo
The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo

This is Us (searched for book club ideas, love stories, family matters)
To Be Honest by Maggie Ann Martin
If You See Me, Don’t Say Hi by Neel Patel
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

The West Wing (searched for the states we’re in, it’s all geek to me, eye opening reads)
Winners Take All by Anand Giridharadas
The Library Book by Susan Orlean
Palaces for the People by Eric Klinenberg


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Adding most of these to my amazon list!