Friday, December 11, 2020

Best of

I admit this year I was a bit overwhelmed scrolling through NPR’s Book Concierge. I was somewhat relieved to discover some of my favorite reads from 2020 when I paired “Book Club Ideas” with “Realistic Fiction.”

Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

Caste by Isabel Wilkerson

Long Bright River by Liz Moore

If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha

Writers and Lovers by Lily King

 

And perhaps I’ve already found my next favorite reads for 2021 after adding “Seriously Great Writing.”

Wintering by Katherine May

The Voyage of the Morning Light by Marina Endicott

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

The Children’s Bible by Lydia Millet


Try these two additional lists for even more recommendations. 

The New Yorker: The Best Books We Read in 2020

The New York Times: Best Gifts for Book Lovers



No comments: