Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mermaid Vs. Panda

As I was doing an inventory of the kids' books the other day and making sure we didn't accidentally pack any library books, I realized to my chagrin that my daughter owns not one but FOUR books featuring Barbie. With an endless cast of characters who have names ending in -liah and at least one magical puppy, these books are painful to read out loud.

Luckily in my hunt, I unearthed a book from behind the bed that is more interesting to read and will capture even a two-year-old's attention. Zen Ties by Jon J. Muth features a panda named Stillwater. His nephew Koo has come for a visit. Together they picnic with Stillwater's friends and help comfort the neighborhood curmudgeon who is under the weather. She softens under the kind attention and teaches them how to make apple tea.

With its beautiful illustrations and compelling storyline, this is one book that will not get lost in the move. As for Barbie...

5 comments:

mom said...

I love this book......."let there be peace on earth"..........somewhere.
Mom

eSteph said...

Did Phe's best buddy give that to her?

morningstar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morningstar said...

No, her best bud who "has the exact same sense of humor" gave her Zen Shorts.

eSteph said...

Alrighty then. Can't wait to share some laughs.