Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Custard and Company



 My soon-to-be-second-grader found my old copy of this book by Ogden Nash. She's been reading it at night before bed. No doubt she's been dreaming of porcupines, mustard, and dragons. 

The Butterfly Jar by Jeff Moss
I found this for my phone's Kindle app. If I can convince her to open it rather than that bird game, she might enjoy it, too.

Another book I'm quite enamored with lately is Poetry for Young People: Robert Frost, edited by Gary D. Schmidt and illustrated by Henri Sorensen. Illustrations that fit the mood and a short commentary at the bottom of each page help the young (or old) reader. I have my eye on finding more books from the series, especially the collections of Langston Hughes and William Blake.

For it seems better at bedtime, rather than dragons, for my daughter to count sheep.

1 comment:

Lomagirl said...

"If you see a panther crouch,
Prepare to say "ouch."
Better yet, if called by a panther,
don't anther."