Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Slide


Even though summer didn’t officially begin until yesterday, I feel like I’m already behind on my summer reading. Hearing this story on the radio didn't help matters. 

Browsing this list, I can’t wait to check out the latest by Michael Ondaatje, dive into the short stories of Amy Bonnaffons (one of which I recently heard on TAL), and puzzle out the “fictional feints” in a crime thriller by Sergio de la Pava.


Then there’s the summer slide. While searching for summer reading lists for the kids, I stumbled across Brightly. This site abounds with reading resources and lists (like this ever so timely one) for kids, parents, and teachers.

Want to mix it up? Check out these reading challenges...

Not sure what to read? Here are a few recommendations...

No comments: