Friday, October 2, 2020

Banned Books Week

This week I look back at posts of books that were once banned. Click on the titles to read the original post.

Beloved

“He licked his lips. ‘Well, if you want my opinion-‘

‘I don’t,' She said. ‘I have my own.'”

Better Nate than Ever

“It turns out that custard can taste really, really depressing when you're not in the mood for it.”

George

“She’s always going on about how we’re not supposed to let people’s expectations limit our choices.”

The Giver

“Even trained for years as they all had been in precision of language, what words could you use which would give another the experience of sunshine?”

The Handmaid’s Tale

 “As the architects of Gilead knew, to institute an effective totalitarian system or indeed any system at all you must offer some benefits and freedoms, at least to a privileged few, in return for those you remove.”

 The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.”


No comments: