Friday, September 25, 2015

Poignant is the new quirky

Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper
“I keep your photo in the pocket on the side without the gun. For balance.” 

Irma Voth by Miriam Toews
“The director said he's got a haunted soul and a natural sweetness.” 
Based on the author’s experiences making this movie, says Wikipedia.hmmm

The Sunlit Night by Rebecca Dinerstein
“You know what happens to me? Goodbye, ladies. Hello, my grandmother. Superfine.”

Lost and Found by Brooke Davis
“It seems strange to want to find yourself. Wouldn’t you want to find somebody else? Aren’t you the one thing you can be sure of?”

How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O’Connor
“Half of me was thinking, Georgina, don't do this. Stealing a dog is just plain wrong. The other half of me was thinking, Georgina, you're in a bad fix and you got to do whatever it takes to get yourself out of it.”
The movie version is a must.

No comments: