Friday, September 4, 2015

“Well....there's been a murder and we're out of soup.”



Searching for summer reading lists for the kids, I came across the Sasquatch Award.

From this list my ten-year-old and six-year-old discovered:

  • The puzzling world of Winston Breen in The Puzzler’s Mansion by Eric Berlin 
  • Greek Mythology. After reading Have a Hot Time, Hades! by Kate McMullan, my daughter wanted me to request ALL the books in this series from the library. Meanwhile my son started looking at this book and realized Pandora is more than an Internet radio station. 
  • What it might be like to live on an Indian Reservation in 1960s Oregon in Something to Hold by Katherine Schlick Noe 
  • Their mother can do a pretty decent Southern Accent when reading Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage



No comments: